The following is a provisional plan for 2021 based on the bold assumption that we will be able to hold competitions in 2021.
The basic rules are:
- Two rounds are flown each week
- 20 second power
- 10 minute flight time at the end of which the competitors’ gliders should have landed as close to their marks as possible.
- One point for each second flown to a maximum of 600
- Points awarded for landing as close to the mark as possible with a maximum of 50
- The score total is the combination of the flight time and the landing points less penalty points
- Penalties are applied for flight longer than 10 minutes, landing off the strip and using power after the first 20 seconds (flight is null and void).
|Month||Mid-week at Coombes on a Thursday starting at|
1300 for one hour
|Weekend at Ashurst on a Sunday starting at 1100 till later